on february 6th of this month, my friend melissa and her 2 kids (2 yr old daughter ethne and baby boy edward) were in a tragic car accident.
here's the news about the accident.
melissa is still recovering and baby edward came away from the accident with just a scratch on his head
melissa is still recovering and baby edward came away from the accident with just a scratch on his head
but ethne didn't make it.
this morning we went to that sweet little girl's funeral.
i've never seen a coffin so small.
it was white and had a ton of flowers gracing the princess's coffin.
the service started out with the song, "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam."
i bawled.
i held everton as tight as i could and rocked him as the speakers then spoke about ethne's short but amazing love-filled life.
they also talked about our dear Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation.
in our faith, we believe that when we die, we can return again to live with Heavenly Father if we had lived a righteous life.
but as for little ethne and other small children who passed away, they immediately go to Heaven.
and one day, our sweet friends, lawrence and melissa will one day be with their ethne again.
one of the speakers talked about how we're all sent here to earth with missions to complete.
and how ethne had already completed her mission.
and now she's a guardian angel for her baby brother.
the placement of her carseat in melissa's car protected little edward.
i'm grateful to know that families can be together forever, which is the song the funeral ended with.
i cried off my makeup during the funeral, i don't know why i even bothered wearing it.
i cried off my makeup during the funeral, i don't know why i even bothered wearing it.
i cherish brett and everton even more now. i try to be more patient with them and try to give them as much love as i can and as often. life is so short. we need to try to not let the little things bother us or we'll miss the big picture, the big picture being our love for each other.
rest in peace little ethne.
My prayers go out to your friends Alyssa! I don't know what I'd do if I lost Vincent so early! I kept trying not to cry as I read this, but I still have tears escaping from the corner of my eye. As sad as it is to start my day reading a story like this, it's also a great reminder to me to have patience with Ryan and Vincent on our trip to Utah today! Thank you for having such a wonderful way with words!
ReplyDeleteMy prayers go out to your friends Alyssa! I don't know what I'd do if I lost Vincent so early! I kept trying not to cry as I read this, but I still have tears escaping from the corner of my eye. As sad as it is to start my day reading a story like this, it's also a great reminder to me to have patience with Ryan and Vincent on our trip to Utah today! Thank you for having such a wonderful way with words!
ReplyDeleteOh Alyssa my hearts aches for this young family. Thanks so much for sharing. I love that--that she is now watching over her little brother. I truly believe that. I'll be keeping them in my prayers. <3
ReplyDelete