let us welcome the new year 2012!
the transition into the new year consisted of friends, family, games, lots of delicious food, and the bubbly (sparkling cider=derishousness)
on new years eve at midnight, the baby was already snoozin, brett and i shared a little smoocheroo, and we went to bed.
as long as i get a new years kiss from my man and some sparkling cider, i'm pretty much a happy camper going into the new year.
what an amazing year 2011 has been.
we had a baby.
brett and i reached our 3rd year anniversary.
brett and i grew into our roles as parents this year.
i've gained such amazing friends here in tooele.
brett has worked a full year at his "grown up" job at wells fargo since graduating college.
we've watched our everton grow so much in the 8 months of the year since his beautiful birth.
we got a washer and dryer! which is pretty spectacular after living a few years without one.
we have so much to be thankful for that had happened in 2011 and we have so much to look forward to in this new year.
one new thing that's happened to me in the new year is i got a new calling in church.
i shall be teaching primary!
CTR 6 to be specific,
which means teaching 6 year olds.
at first i was really nervous, knowing that i'm teaching the future leaders of this world!
even though i'm really just teaching them basic basic gospel principles and there will be coloring involved.
my first lesson on sunday went great.
we learned about choosing the right choices in life and we did, indeed, color.
we colored our shields that says CTR, which means CHOOSE THE RIGHT.
the kids i teach are seriously so darling and a bit chatty.
one thing we have to look forward to this new year is everton turning one!!!!!
ugh, i'm not ready.
has it really been a year since you guys graduated?!? WOW! 6 year olds will be fun to teach. you will have to write down all the funny things they say. and having a one year old is SO fun!
ReplyDeleteSeriously... A year is coming up so fast! I can't handle it! We should totally meet up at their birthday parties :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the calling! Keep a little book on hand to write down the darndest things those kids will say. :D Happy New Year to you guys and excited to read more about your hilarious stories on motherhood. And to melt looking at every one of E's photos of course. ;)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean....I was not ready for Miles to turn 1 either. Once they do, you feel like you don't have a baby anymore! Teaching primary is fun. We are now CTR 7 teachers and I have to say it makes church a lot more fun when you can color and bring snacks!
ReplyDeletewish I was there to make his first cake!
ReplyDeleteTeaching Primary can be tough, but fun! I was 2nd councelor at my last ward for the Primary so I had to teach all age groups.. intimidating!!! Its funny though, I subbed for the sunbeams and that seemed to be alot more of a challenge to me. I had one boy cry and not get up off the floor because he did not get to say the closing prayer... if only I had known he would throw a fit i would not have offered it to someone else! ooooh kiddos! you'll be great!
ReplyDelete