8.22.2011

denial

i'm in it.
in everton's closet i organized his clothes in 3 separate groups.  the first group being newborn and 0-3 months.  the second is 3-6 months and 6-9 months.  and the third is 9-18 months.  i keep grabbing clothes from the 0-3 months rack when he'll be 4 months this week.  some of them do still fit him and a lot of them are just plain onesies i have him wear around the house and they're still pretty big.  when i have brett pick an outfit for everton he goes for the 3-6 month rack.  i call brett crazy and tell him that it totally won't fit.  then when we put the little outfit on him oftentimes it either fits perfectly or is even a bit snug!  or when brett wanted to put everton in this number...
i started to cry.  he just looked like a little man and it FREAKS me out!
we just got our shipment of diapers from amazon mom.com and they're size 2!  he's growing too fast and i know it's gonna get worse for me when he starts school.  seeing all of my friends' statuses saying that their kids are going to school makes me sad already.
i'm probably gonna have many mental breakdowns in the future.  probably each time he goes up a size in diapers.
our pediatrician said that we can start feeding him rice cereal between 4-6 months and brett is wanting to do that soon.  it's so weird cuz i've found that breastfeeding is honestly not my most favorite thing ever.  it hurt like a mother when i started breastfeeding (it's fine now) and i feel truly enslaved to him exactly every 3 hours.  BUT YET, i don't wanna stop.  i definitely won't be those kinda moms feeding their kid when they're like, 4 years old but i feel like i'm giving him the absolute best nutrition in the world and it really is a bonding thing for me.  i'm grateful that i am able to breastfeed (and breastfeeding has helped me to lose pretty much all my baby weight hollllaaaaa) but i can't imagine not needing to.   even though when we start him on rice cereal it'll be only once a day or something.  i hope i'm not sounding like such a worry wart in every blog post, esp when it comes to baby stuff.  but it's ok, i'm still a new mom.
and look!  he wants cookies already!  is my milk too boring now??
or wants some cookies with his milk perhaps?
ha.

our bishop back in rexburg always said that you're still considered a newlywed when you've been married under 10 years.  do you think that applies to babies?  is everton still my newborn when he hits 10 months old?  10 years old ?!?!?
i say yes!

7 comments:

  1. He is so stinkin' handsome! I love the outfit and I still can't believe how much hair he has! So fun... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ya! Ashlyn is almost 10 months old! It doesn't freak me out about how old she is, but all that she can do! She feeds herself finger food, crawls all over and can drink from her sippy by herself! It's crazy scary and crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't start feeding my kids anything until they were almost 7 months - it's a personal choice. And nursing several times a day until they are a year old is the norm so that won't stop just because he's eating food. It will decrease and not likely be every 3 hours but that, too, is a choice that you and he make based on his needs. And don't get me started on clothes!! 8 year old Erica can still wear size 4T shorts but needs a size 8 pants because she's so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is an adorable little man :) we started rice cereal at five months. i actually only breastfed for 3 months. i just couldn't produce any milk and that coincidentally happened around the time i started to work again. so we transitioned to formula without any problems. anyhoo...have you ever tried the medela nipple shields? i used them at the suggestion of a friend and was NEVER sore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. erica's teeth and aidan's allergies prevented me from nursing them longer, but i have no regrets. and neither will you when you feel it's the right time. and i'm 32 years old and my momma still calls me her baby

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I did the same thing! When Jude was 2 months I have a breakdown--granted, he did get taller and fatter than most babies his age. When he totally skipped the 3-6 months clothes I was just like..what the heck! I remember sitting one night watching him sleep, and breaking down into tears, crying, "Adam...he's getting so big!"
    Totally feel you on this one. I just keep thinking that the first year goes so fast because they're developing so rapidly and even though I'm sure it's never slow, it definitely slows down at least a little after that.
    Anyway, you're a great mamma! Look forward to the rice cereal to give your boobies a little break ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I can't believe how much Samantha has grown! She is almost 2! Every time she gets bigger I just think of it as, "Wow! I helped this little human grow to be this big already?!" I'm excited for her to start talking!!! She is trying so hard lol. She greeted me Sunday moring sitting up in our bed with, "Morning!" Of course it sounded more like, "Morin" close enough :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...