it is a well known fact that ever since being married i've grown to be such a crybaby. i think it's perhaps something unlocked in my heart causing me to go from grinchy to my heart growing 3 times as big. i like to think it's cuz i've found someone to love and someone loves me back. like i've said before, i get teary whenever brett does something really sweet for me, a sweet commercial, a horribly sad/horribly happy ending to a movie, or i seriously used to lose it in Sacrament meeting back in our student ward when there would be baby blessings and families from all over come to our ward to witness the daddy blessing his tiny newborn child. and that's what always gets me, missing my family all the time because they live so far away.
but good gravy, pregnancy has been slapping me with the hormones!
with this pregnancy you take all the stuff i just listed above plus add a couple dumb extra.
like, food.
i never really thought that i've had cravings, just because something would just happen to sound good and if i couldn't get it, no big deal.
but lately i've been noticing when i've been REALLY wanting a certain food and it doesn't go the way i want it to. i get sad or angry or really disappointed or devastated.
i get severly annoyed when a restaurant messes up my order, i mean yeah it annoyed me before but now, you do not mess with this pregnant women's food, i will straight up kill you. well not really, but i'll kill you with my eyes!
also last night it really hit me. chocolate chip cookies sounded so so good so i looked at a recipe and i assumed i had all the ingredients, it doesn't take foreign stuff to make em and i have a whole shelf full of just baking ingredients.
i mixed the butter and shortening, i added the brown sugar, sugar, and oh, i need to add baking soda. (goes to the baking shelf) what.the.freak? i don't have baking soda?? did i throw the baking soda away back in rexburg? and why do i have 2 things of baking powder? are they pretty much the same thang? i don't wanna risk ruining my beautiful cookies.
so i threw down the mixer, left everything on the counter and plopped myself on our living room floor. (we don't have a couch yet but will soon) i felt so dumb and angry not having baking soda to make my cookies. and when brett came down the stairs i started to cry, like a little girl who couldn't get the toy she wanted from the store.
instead of interrogating me as to why i'm crying, he simply asked what was going on and i told him i felt really stupid and that i didn't have a measly 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
i felt so ridiculous but i was devastated i couldn't make my cookies. i sound like such a fatty and i felt even fattier when my protruding stomach was catching my tears and now there was a huge wet mark on my shirt.
brett being the sweet husband he is, he left in his shorts to get me some baking soda.
i told him that it was staring to get late and i just exhausted myself from weeping and wailing so i didn't wanna make em anymore. but he wanted to get it for me anyways so i could make em tomorrow.
and here we are.
i woke up, had cereal, then immediately started on my cookies.
i added the rest of the magical ingredients plus the darned baking soda.
...unless of course i forget some dumb ingredient in some recipe in the future...
and you do NOT wanna see this woman angry.
i added the rest of the magical ingredients plus the darned baking soda.
no fears and no tears.
after a few mins in the oven and a few minutes to cool
all was right with the world...
...unless of course i forget some dumb ingredient in some recipe in the future...
and you do NOT wanna see this woman angry.
special thanks to brett for being so patient with me during my emotional roller coasters. he does admit that sometimes i do seem a bit nuts being ok one second and a bawling mess the next.
but i tell him, it's ok, i'm pregnant, he can deal.

Oh girl, I totally understand! When a preggo is hungry, all the Dead Sea and oceans better make way! When I was preggo with Porter I didn't know what to eat so I went and got Taco Bell but still wasn't satisfied so I sat at the kitchen table crying. Aaron came out and asked what was wrong and all I could say was, "I..I... bought you some taco-o-o-o-o-ohhhh!" and just started bawling. Blame it on the babay!
ReplyDeletethis repeatedly happened to me over sushi and ice cream cake.
ReplyDeleteneedless to say I got my sushi. and my baby is fine. still haven't gotten my ice cream cake tho.
haha awhh. cute. those look deLISH. i need some riiight now. for real. im starvvvvving.
ReplyDeleteI felt like that a lot. In fact, I feel like that still! Food is very important, and it is gold to a pregnant lady. I would stop talking to Devon until we got me my mikey d's or wendys.
ReplyDeleteI love you and you make me laugh so very hard, but it's so true! Cravings can be kind of a fun excuse to eat a lot of junk, but you just don't mess with a pregnant woman's food, especially when she's craving it! Now I want cookies!
ReplyDeleteevery girl who has been pregnant can relate. so good thing you are not alone!! you are now among us crazy hormonal women haha!
ReplyDeletethat was me!!!! i was in the drive thru line at tacobell/pizza hut. i asked for a pizza and they hadn't made any yet for the lunch hour. i cried. i got very emotional to the point i think i scared the poor window worker. but when he saw my very large pregnant belly i think he got it. and you can use baking powder in chocolate chip cookies, they just won't be as 'fluffy'. i found that out by mistake, didn't realize i was using powder instead of soda. and KUDOS to brett!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are normal, and I am so glad you have a great hubby. The emotions are bad right after birth too, while everything re stabilizes. I remember when Aylor was a few days old, it was a sunday evening and I wanted chocolate milk so bad I just cried and cried. It was late at night. Scott went to the gas station and got me some. Now THAT is the stuff true hero's are made of!
ReplyDeleteI love that story!! I am so glad that Brett took care of you and went to the store for you. I think he such a good guy. I might be just a little bias.
ReplyDeleteHey, you can always borrow some ingredients from me!
ReplyDelete