7.15.2010

T-shirt project: Frozen Dead Guy Days

i love my t-shirts. i don't have a huge collection, though brett might say i have too many, but i really don't. i just have a few that mean a lot to me, maybe its my coheed shirt i bought at my last warped tour, or my cute rainbow bright shirt my friend gave to me in high school, or my AWESOME wolverine T-shirt i wear to every X-men movie. i die. so i found this T-shirt project blog through a friend of a friend and they showcase entries submitted by regular peeps like me who want to show some of their prized t's and the story behind them.
and i had to submit this baby i got in nederland CO.
whenever i wear it people are always asking me, "what the devil is that shirt about??"
here's the story i submitted to the blog...
"My husband (fiance then) and I went to visit my bro in law in CO and they live near nederland, a super small town that celebrates the "Frozen Dead Guy Days." Jist of the story is that in 1989 this Norwegian guy brought his dead grandpa to the US and got his body cryogenically frozen. During the grandson's and his mom's plan to build a cryonics facility the grandson overstayed his visa and got deported back to norway in 1993. His mom, however, kept her father's body frozen in a shack right behind her house keeping him frozen. She was faced with eviction and told a local reporter about her problem being that she doesn't want her father's body to thaw out. The city made an exception for her and built the frozen old man an even better shed for him to rest in. And since 2002 the town celebrates every March their interesting resident. I just had to get the T-shirt."

the website is also having a little bit of a giveaway and the winner gets a T from this sweet website! Threadless
check it out.

4 comments:

  1. you're twisted! but that's one thing i love about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Threadless! Brad submits designs to them all the time in hope that we get a print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bomb. And that story you shared is kinda freaky--is that for reals?! Anyway, I wish I had more t-shirts in my closet, but I keep forgetting to buy them at cool places I go. Either that or I'm just broke as H. I'll try again someday... Go you, girl scout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg you are so funny!! i love t-shirts too, but i just end up wearing all of grants and i have found out that guys don't like sharing clothes!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...