1.24.2010

ohana search

brett and i have been the family history consultants for the ward for about a year. it has been such a huge blessing. yeah, my teaching skills really aren't the best but i learn so much everytime we do teach. it also really helps that i get to teach with brett, who helps fill in the holes i've forgotten about. teaching this class has also really helped me to get motivated to do my own family history. my parents have put it upon me to do the filipino side of my family. my dad and my aunt has been working on my white side of the family so its up to me to do the brown side. i'm excited to be up to the challenge but its been so discouraging. it is so hard to find people who specialize in asian countries when on campus all the family history missionaries specialize in european countries...so brett and i really plan on going down to SLC (like we seem to do every month anyways) to check out the family history center. the missionaries told me i'll be able to look at films and stuff to find more info on my family. i'm excited for when we get to do that.
doing your family history is so important and thats something we can't stress enough about every sunday. you know when you get married you wanna be with your family forever, don't you think your ancestors wanna be with you forever too?
click on the pic to begin your search!

3 comments:

  1. i need to be better about family history! :) let's go to salt lake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "ohana means family" I LOVE Lilo and Stitch. Girl, I know just how you feel with trying to find our dark ancestors. It's pretty difficult, huh? Best of luck to you, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really great calling! I'm jealous! Yeah I've been doing family history myself for a while and it is hard finding our side. I haven't had much luck since I haven't been able to go down to SLC. But I wish you luck on the search! I know you'll find something awesome and intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...